Telamon Technologies Corporation
The Products or Services Related Offered
- Converged packet optical networking equipment, installation and engineering
- Optical transport equipment, installation and engineering
- Network virtualization, orchestration, and management software
Designated Order Fulfillers
As Telamon is a Ciena Elite Reseller partner; only Telamon will be placing the orders and only Ciena will be fulfilling the orders.
Instructions for Obtaining Quotes and Placing Purchase Orders
Please contact Rob Sterrenberg via email or phone to obtain quotes or to place an order. For order status, updates, or invoicing questions please contact Geoff Neupert via phone or email.
Warranty and Return Policies
Warranty and Maintenance Support Access:
Customers can contact Ciena via Web or Phone for help with repairs, replacements or technical assistance.
Web Support Access:
- Customers should utilize the Ciena Portal to request hardware replacements that do not require technical assistance.
- To access these online resources customers and partners should register via the https://portal.ciena.com, or their Partner Portal as appropriate. Follow the link, click on the ‘Register’ button and follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Ciena call support is provided via 1-800-CIENA24 (1-800-243-6224).
- In addition to our worldwide, toll free numbers, Ciena also provides local support numbers at various locations around the globe. All the contact numbers are available on the Customer Portal: https://portal.ciena.com. They are also printed below for your convenience.
Warranty, Repair and Maintenance Policies:
- Hardware: Within the warranty period, repair or replacement of a defective unit with a functionally equivalent unit.
- Software: Within the warranty period, provision of a suitable fix or workaround. Software is warranted to largely conform to published specifications, and software warranty is related to software defects only.
- There are standard warranty periods as defined in the BAAP. Note that any customer specific warranties negotiated supersede these guidelines. Please contact your Commercial Manager for assistance with the BAAP process and the warranty information therein.
NOTE: Unless otherwise negotiated in the customer contract, return and replace and warranty incoterms (shipping terms) are Delivered at Place (DAP).
Return of defective parts:
- For Return and Replace/Repair services, the replacement part is not shipped until the defective part is received. Standard warranty service level is 30 days, i.e., replacement is shipped within 30 days of receipt. Note that in some countries such as Brazil the service level is longer due to import/export restrictions.
- For Advance Replacement services, the replacement part is shipped prior to the defective being received. Customers should return defective parts within 10 days to the address in the Return Address Field contained in the Ciena RMA information. Information on hardware return requirements is available on the Ciena portal. Hardware not received within 45 days may be billed to customer at A-class price. Customer will be contacted within 30 days if the part has not been received.
- Customer is responsible for shipping costs related to return of defective material. Ciena bears the cost of the outbound shipment.
- Out-of-Box (OOB) Failure: If hardware fails within 90 days of product receipt, it is considered as an OOB failure and replaced with A-class product. The process for OOB requests is the same as for standard Equipment Return (ER) requests.
Per Incident Support:
Customers with hardware product no longer under warranty and without a maintenance contract may return product for per-incident type repair, however, this is on a best-effort basis only and at a 60+ day service level. Customer is quoted repair price at the time the ER is placed and a PO must be received before the ER will be processed. Per transaction support is discouraged and we recommend the customer should be on a maintenance contract.
Customers with software product no longer under warranty and without a maintenance contract are not eligible for per-incident support without first contacting their local service or sales representative. Price typically cannot be determined prior to the issue being investigated, so the scope of support and “not to exceed” PO amounts need to be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.